Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thing # 12 Rollyo

At first I was a little confused about Rollyo, but I think it's because I didn't go in with a plan....I wasn't looking for a specific topic. Once I thought about how it could be used, I got excited. I use IKeepbookmarks for sites for students to go and use. I now see how I could set up a search strategy for the students, yet give them a little more freedom to do some general searching. You are able to set the parameters for students to be successful in anything they do. I also see how we could set up some good searches for teachers to help them narrow their searches. At first I got a few strange results, but then I noticed that on the first page, I had a few extra things clicked.
The Rollyo I created tonight is entitled "Lesson Plans." I constantly am looking for a quick idea to share, I put the sites that are usually successful on my rollyo. I of course included two that link to sites with integrated technology. I'll have to share this link with my staff....perhaps they'll be able to give me topics to work with.

1 comment:

Terry said...

That's a great idea - to gather the best lesson plan databases/repositories and then be able to search for regrouping or water cycle, etc. Good thinking! We should plan this carefully and then share district-wide.