Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Thing # 9 Useful Library-Related Blogs

It is too hard not to do thing 8 and 9 together! I had a long list of library blogs that I wanted to add, so this was a perfect time to do some additional searching. I'm a real Google lover - so I loved searching with the Google Blog Search....found some obscure things I would not have thought of. I am not to fond of the news searches - I'm already a news junkie, so adding news blogs are a bit too much....I found my self reading too much just from the home page of Technorati.
Thank goodness for Atomic Learning...I've spent some time watching the videos. I'm a real slow learner, so watching things several times allows me to finally "get it!"
I did not like syndic8, I think I'm just too elementary! Pages were not graphically easy for me to read.
I did do some searching for my other blogs for students - we're listed! It was exciting to see your blog listed on the Google Blog Search! I've got a stack of student work to add to RCE Musings. I did a lesson and the students got too busy writing. Didn't find a match for my newly established Podcast....could be because we haven't posted an actual podcast yet?
Blogging is still a new idea for me, but I did enjoy reading what others had to say. It is an addictive behavior, you almost seem like a stalker reading what some people have to say. This being a political year...WOW...the stuff that is out there...you could make any candidate be great - or cause him to fall.
Spent enough time on the computer tonight...it's time to call it quits.

3 comments:

VWB said...

ok...where are you hiding the RCE Musings and these other blogs you have...please share...I wanna see!

Grendel said...

I agree! Things 8 and 9 just naturally go together!

RCELibrarian said...

My other blogs are listed on the RCE homepage. I've linked them there for parents to be able to view quickly. I even talked the nurse into creating one. I shared with my faculty and hoped that one of them would ask me to set one up for them. Maybe when I learn the wiki I can talk them into it.