Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Thing #6 Third Party Sites

Well, after spending a few days reading and rereading the article, I think I finally have a grip on Mashups. I think I have used them, just not knowing that's what they were. I have had a difficult time staying on task....so many of the sites have additional links that of course I must go out and see what they are. I spent about an hour chasing rabbits last night! I got to the trading card site and played around a bit there. My second grade students are doing their biography unit on heroes right now and I could definitely see the students making trading cards using the heroes they are researching. What fun it would be! The end result would be fun to actually print and trade. So far everything I have explored I can put directly into use in a classroom situation. I will be sharing several of these things tomorrow at the faculty meeting. I can't wait to see the reaction of my staff. Hopefully my schedule will fill up with classes so I can share the knowledge before I forget it. This has so far been a fun experience, giving me the "right" to play and explore all kinds of new things!

2 comments:

VWB said...

how did the faculty meeting go...what things were appreciated?

Terry said...

Chasing rabbits! That's a great phrase to describe some days, online or not! I've yet to play with trading cards so you may have to give me some pointers.