Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Thing # 8 RSS

The rain outside put me in the mood to just sit at the computer...I have totally lost track of time, I've been on now for way too long....but I had wanted to learn about RSS. New Year's day I spent hours reading blogs and bookmarking the pages.....now I've been able to go back and add the links to my Google Reader account. Much better than looking at "My favorites"!
It took a little while to figure out the adding of a subscription..I think at one time I had too many accounts opened. Finally got it figured out....then I got lost reading blogs! It is truly an addictive behavior! I'll be glad to only have to check my reader now. Having a reader should definitely shorten my time spent checking blogs.
I found a lot of blogs that I will want to keep up with for school...I didn't really play around for myself. That will come next. I'll have to think about what I'd like to read about...I really am a children's book person...always have been.
As I read through blogs, I can see many ways for libraries to use RSS...what a way to keep up with all that's going on. I didn't link all the blogs I want to read...most of them are linked on the pages that I put on my blog roll. I can see that I will spend hours reading.....may the rains come back!

1 comment:

VWB said...

yup...reader saves me from myself as well when it comes to keeping up with ALL those blogs that interest me!