Friday, June 17, 2011

Tool #6

I have diigo, twitter, skype, wallwisher..etc accounts. I actually use many of these already on a daily basis. I use poll everywhere more with my church group...because they are middle schoolers and they love to use their cell phones! After sitting in the November learning conference this last week...I added an RCE Library Twitter account. It seems more fitting that my twitter account be about the library rather than my life (which is boring!) I'll be able to share quickly with parents and staff (hopefully) a new app or website that supports their learning.
Wallwisher has been a lifesaver for meetings. I post things for a week prior to a meeting on my wall for the week. The list of stickies keep me on task when we meet. The student that was invited to come to the Novemeber Learning conference had a great idea to make a wallwisher for announcements /questions for the community of RCE. I think that is great. It's an easy way for people to communicate. We'll just have to make sure that someone moderates it.
http://www.wallwisher.com/wall/rummelcreekelem.
My biggest problem is keeping up with all of the different accounts. The list continues to grow as once a month I scour for new things to use! Web 2.0 has a life of it's own!!!!

No comments: