Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tool #3

Video - in the years since I did 23 things, the amount of GOOD video has exploded. I now regularly scan YouTube, School Tube and Teacher Tube for videos to share with students. Why recreate the wheel when there is so much good stuff out there? My tech team spends a lot of time "viewing" and "discussing" video clips as we learn to create our own video. The best way to learn is to look at samples. We have learned a lot by studying others. RCE now has a "channel" on School Tube so that we can post our own videos. It's important to teach students good digital citizenship and good skills as they learn to make and post videos. Just as there are some GREAT videos...there is also a lot of junk!

As I am always looking for things to make a difference in student's lives...I was shown this clip...I think every parent should see it. Too Much Information. I've also posted it on the Technology Wiki for sharing with students and parents easily. (http://rcetechnology.pbworks.com)

No comments: