Sunday, June 12, 2011

Tool #5

I spend much of my day creating wordles for various things. My newest try has been trying to master Prezi. I was glad to see that Atomic learning has a nice tutorials on using it.
The list of tools with the links to the tutorial videos was great. It will be a page that I link back to in the future.
I have passwords on most of my accounts from years ago...I finally started a sheet as some ask for numbers/letters/ etc.
The hardest thing has been when you have to come up with a user name and it has to be unique. I gave my staff a sheet to help them record anything...it also includes a box to put in "ideas" of how to use the tool. I have a bad habit of weekly doing a search for new tools...I've found some good ones over the years....it's become almost an addiction. The one thing I have learned through these various on-line courses over the past 3-5 years...don't get stagnant...nearly every day something new pops up...you have to be a learner for life!
I have enjoyed reading my staffs' entries...I think that RCE will be rocking and rolling next year...they have so many ideas on how to use these tools!!!!

3 comments:

Jimmie O'Quinn said...

Ms. Frazzled will you check my PK wordle post and tell me if that is alright. I listened to the tutorial several times and it says to copy the html code, post it into the blog and it will create a link. It doesn't place the actual created wordle.

Do you know any way to add the wordle so that it is the actual wordle and not just a link?

Anonymous said...

Karen, how can I follow you? I don't see a "follow" button?

Amie Graves said...

In response to your comment (on my blog) about Prezi...

Not having internet access can be frustrating. I purchased a hotspot from Clear, but then I found out that my android (and iPhones) have one built in. Too cool! So now, I'm never without the internet. What would do without it? Grin~

I will definitely use the "menus" next year. With the GT class, it will be a must.

Thanks for your comment!