Friday, June 17, 2011

Tool #11

Just completed my test (90%). I had hoped to do better...but that's okay...a few of the questions did not make sense with the choices. I'm glad to finish the tools...just so I can check one thing off of my list for the summer.
1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools. My favorite tools - probably Wordle..I use it almost every day. I have found so many new things that I use now as I regularly search out "new web 2.0" tools. I spend one day a month just exploring...as too many new tools pop up. My students are always bringing me something new to try. Just as soon as I think I may take a breather...they bring me something new to try.
2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? How has your vision for your classroom changed? Are you going to need to make any changes to your classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner? I have been a proponet of 21st century learning for about 3 years. I entered a contest and my winnings were a book and a on-line course on using 21st century skills...needless to say...I read the book and took the free class and learned a lot. That was the beginning of a journey. Then I participated with PBL summer school which took the 21st century skills I had read about into practice. My library represents 21st learning all day/every day.
3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? no unexpected outcomes. I am hoping my faculty will embrace this and we can move forward to the 21s century easily and quickly...we have so many teachers already moving this way. I am looking forward to this next school year!

No comments: