Friday, June 17, 2011

Tool #10

I spend much of my time working on the 9 tenet of digital citizenship. I have a whole page on my school wiki giving background information, videos, and lessons for digital citizenship. I am passionate about my students knowing and being safe on the internet. It is most important that we give them guidelines about appropriateness. Many times what students do is not done to be "bad" but because they don' know it's wrong. We need to guide them.
1. Discuss at least three things you would want to make sure your students understand about being good digital citizens. Students need to respect
2. Share at least one of the resources mentioned above or on the Ed Tech website that you plan to use instructionally.
3. Explain briefly how you would "teach" the idea of digital citizenship to your students.
I love to use the videos on brainpop. Another resource is common sense media. They have great videos and reviews. Easy tech also has some great activities and short video clips for students.
4. Explain briefly how you plan to share the idea of digital citizenship with your parents. I talk with parents often during PTA meetings about digital citizenship. I also send home articles in the school newspaper with information about digital citizenship. The links on my library wiki also provide information on digital citizenship.
Rummel Creek is on the way to teaching digital citizenship to it's entire community.

No comments: