Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing #7 - Video Resources

Okay - this is one where I spent several days checking out all of the links and then the links from those links...needless to say I have watched more video in the past 4 days then I care to admit....but I really liked some of the resources...a few I was even able to cut the clip down from what they posted...that was nice...the embedded information changed as I cut the video down. I think I'll have to create a few more wiki's for classes to be able to embed and link more video. Since the students live in a video world...we might as well provide good sources for them.
When I played with TOTLOL - I was sad to see that it is possible that it will be gone...possibly on July first...I wish I could find him a sponsor... I really like the NeoK-12 - It cuts your searching time by a lot to find the videos to support curriculum....next thing...get youtube open for us in SBISD!

Let me go back to the top of the lesson - creative commons...I attended a session at TCEA and came back with the idea to share creative commons with my school in the coming school year...I think it will help the students begin to understand the importance of copyright and giving credit...etc to original sources. I know that this next school year we will begin to create and send to the various sources videos the students make...how important it will for the students to understand copyright as they select music and probably make some parodies....the video on the creative commons site is great....somewhere in my notes I have the link to a great presentation on creative commons...she gave us full rites to share and use with students.

Back to the video - found some neat things to share with students....here are two of my favorite authors that I always share...can't afford to bring them into RCE...but here's a video interview...almost as good.

Tomie dePaola

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid26961813001?bclid=26973384001&bctid=26068125001

Mo Willems
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid6904330001?bclid=6811832001&bctid=6801852001

I'm on a roll with this one! Can't wait to share some of this with my staff!

3 comments:

VWB said...

can you embed the videos?

RCELibrarian said...

The code is there on the webpage to copy and embed...but it kept giving me an error message. I played around with it..but I still received error messages...I tried to embed on my wiki and got the same message....but the links work...something with the beginning character...I don't know enough about html to make changes.

S.Malget said...

Thank you for finding & sharing the Tomie DePaola video. It is great! I hope that I can use it next year.