Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Thing #4 Video Hosting

This time the Library 2 Play has been a lot of review for me...the video hosting is one of them. I actually learned how to do this by a student...we had made animotos at school and one of my students uploaded his animoto to YouTube....he proudly brought me the link to school and then showed me how he created the animoto and uploaded it. I thought it was great that he had done it all on his own!...and then taught me!
Then my church had a video contest....the way the videos were "graded" was to post them to YouTube...I worked with a group of 7th grade girls to take video, edit and then post...again...they taught me much more than I taught them...we used a flip video cam to take the video, edited it with movie maker and then posted...unfortunately...we DID NOT win the competition! But it was fun learning....
I think this will be a great way for students to share...and learn about copyright....one of the big discussions I had with the girls was the music to use behind the video....they just wanted to put music from a CD....we ended up creating a piece on audacity and then putting that music behind the video....
I have gotten LOST and HOOKED in watching videos....my daughter is always sending me a link...I can see that this is definitely a way for students to learn and share their work. I think this makes learning so much more fun and engaging!

1 comment:

VWB said...

are there some samples that you could post the links to to demo what kinds of things can be made...lots of folks are looking for practical examples without having to wade thru the whole sea of things!