Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Thing #2 Image Generators 2

I've spent the last few nights just playing with these items....I am most familiar with wordle and animoto...use these almost weekly with my students. I could see pairing wordsift with wordle...similar, yet very different. If students were working in pairs, one did a wordle and one did the word sift, it would be interesting to see where the two would end up. I did like that photos popped up as well on word sift...helps with visualization. I had fun playing with gloster...I think it will definitely be a new choice that I offer to students. I played with bookr, however after seeing what is available on a mac...I may be more inclined to use the software on the mac. It may be down to what is available. Made my voki....I want to play with ways to use a voki...I think it may be very motivating for students....we'll just have to see how to play with it...It may be an interesting way to get students to visit a website or wiki everyday/everyweek if the voki changed with a new question...just thinking. I added a voki to my blog...

2 comments:

Terry said...

I like the idea of posing a question, maybe on your library page with the Voki, the Voki could then later congratulate those who answered. A library Scavenger Hunt?
Always intriguing to think of the possibilities!

bookworm gardener said...

I also liked the idea of the voki asking a daily or weekly question or give a trivia fact. Great idea to pair the wordle and wordshift and do both.
Thanks!