Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thing #8 Screencast

I've explored, played with, accepted memberships and downloaded the necessities for several of the screen capture software.  I bought camtasia several years ago and used it minimally, I had great dreams...just not enough time.  I am planning to use several of these to help create lessons for my GT kids...this will make it to where they are self directed.  Once I am comfortable with the software...I'm hoping to have students create a bank of lessons.  My new group this year will be a Tech Team made up of students who will "play and explore" with the new equipment...they will learn how to use these screen capture tools to create short movies to help their classmates and teachers....I'm so glad to see all of these choices...each one of them has just a little twist in what they offer.  Check back with me in a few months to see what we have created...I'll upload the lesson that I'm working on once my dell decides to let me log on....I'm working from a MAC because I got tired of waiting for the log in screen.....I want the PC screen in the screen capture so the students can use it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey you should try out Voila, although at present it does not have video recording, it's a very decent app. where screen capturing is concerned. You should visit http://www.globaldelight.com/voila
They also have some educational discounts. Try them :)