Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thing #9 SlideShare

I am really glad to see all of these choices.  I can already see how we should move in this direction as a way for students to share work, post work and finish work at home that they start at school.  As I go through the web 2.0 tools I see how software as we know it will be gone and the "freeware" available will be what we use.  What a value for school districts and businesses.

I enjoyed reading links from the links you gave and found lots of information about using the slideshare tools.  Last year I thought Google was going to take over the world with it's products...now I realize we only touched the tip of the iceberg.

I will definitely be looking at using slideshare...both to post projects and to allow students to work at home.....
After working with the mini-dells at summer school...this could be the answer to not having access to the server....why not work from the web...then no matter what computer, what device you could work on it....I haven't tried...but could you access from an itouch?  Perhaps not to develop and create...but to view...another way to get lessons out to the students....  After watching the students at summer school using two devices at one time...perhaps the tutorial slideshow on slideshare could be accessed on the itouch while the student worked on the assignment on the mini dell.  Right now as I am having difficulty with my pc....I'm reading some things on the pc and inputing information on the mac....what you learn from students!

2 comments:

VWB said...

could you make a little demo and put it up here so we can see the options!

atxteacher said...

Isn't it amazing what's going "in the cloud" now? I have to really check my thinking when I'm hesitant to use something free and not downloadable. I think it also pushes the commercial products to be MUCH better!