Saturday, July 11, 2009

Thing 11.5 Evaluation

I'm so glad to be finished...I would get bogged down in things and play for days before writing...especially seond life. I was hoping to finish before my trip...and I just made it. YEAH!

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? Some of my best learning was the ITouch - I have been resisting the whole idea of ipods...and now I can't wait to get mine up and going! Another thing is was glad I had to experience was Skype....I knew I wanted to learn...but just never took the time...I'd like to do some skyping with other schools next year...that would be a great way to expand our campus.

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? Well...it gives me an excuse to keep playing and learning. I sometimes feel guilty when I am exploring "fun" things on the computer..but this way I am learning with a purpose. I also find myself just searching for new web 2.0 tools to see what else is out there....I've learned a lot in the past few years... I now keep up with several blogs and learn from them as well...this gives me the excuse to keep on learning.

3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? The biggest surprise was how many things I had already tried. On the 23 things...EVERYTHING was new...this time I had actually done several and had heard of others. I know I need to spend more time on several of these to be proficient enough to teach to the students (they will already know more)....these include second life and slide share...I see that I will use them...but I don't feel confident yet...but I've learned...don't wait to share until your confident...the kids will give you more tips then you need.

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? I love this format...I like that I can do things when I want...I do know that I have to set aside time and through this one I've learned that I need to set timers as to when to quit.

This has been most fun...between this and summer school learning...I feel like I've taken several classes!

1 comment:

Happy Harping said...

I am almost done with 11.5 things and wanted inspiration from those finished. Thanks for providing that in your wonderful summary! To the finish line!