Friday, March 21, 2008

Thing #22: Nings

I like the idea of the Ning...however I need to think carefully on which one I'd want to participate in.....as I've tried all of these things...I see that I need a "second life" to keep up with it all. I could see spending a lot of time reading the Ning's ....I know now why my daughter dropped trying to keep up both facebook and myspace! After using it completely for a while, she now rarely signs in...it took over her life. I can see how a Ning would be a great way to keep up with people that you meet at trainings or staff development that are not from the school district...but again...how much time do I have to give?!? I can also see that it would be another way to keep learning...if each person in a group shared one new thing...the mutiplication of knowledge would be outstanding....hence...needing the "second life"! I spent some time looking at some of the sites and am considering trying one, however I need to spend a little time deciding which groups to join...

1 comment:

Terry said...

And when you figure out where to find that second life - let me know! Congrats on making it!