Tuesday, August 11, 2026

More God winks.....you just have to slow down to see all God does every day!

 I had my whole week of Camp KK planned out.  But God had other plans.  Phoebe came to stay, we had sort of planned it, but then Elissa called and said she really needed Phoebe to stay with us...Preston had all kinds of appointments and having Phoebe away would make it so much better.  So - then we planned the play date with friends.  It was fabulous...the four girls got along and enjoyed each other so much.

Fast forward to the beach day.  Mallory and Tyler came to pick up Aubrey.  I decided to join in, as I love going to the beach.  Tyler drove, Philip drove, so I offered to get an umbrella & chairs for the day.  It made it enjoyable having a space in the shade.  About 1:30, a young man asked us how we got an umbrella and chairs, he wanted to get one for his in-laws.  We told him.  Shortly after that, we decided to leave ....so I walked over and asked him if he'd like to use our umbrella.  He was most appreciative.  We packed up and his in-laws walked up.  His in-laws were the Jenkins family from Tallowood (and Stratford)!  God had already made the plan.  Then on Sunday morning, I ran into the Jenkins at church, they hadn't stayed very long and passed the chair and umbrella on to another family.  Such a great day!

Every week, we pray that the Caregiver schedule for Dad holds up.  Most of the time we get a heads up that things won't work.  The last few times we have been able to fill holes and rearrange people with little hiccups.  You can't tell me that God is not taking care of us.

Phoebe will be going to a new school this year.  (Actually all three are going to new schools.)  But she has not been happy about this change at all.  We know its for the best, the fact that she is able to move to one of the top rated schools in the district in itself is a miracle.  Anyway, it was meet the teacher last night - she goes to school dragging her feet, but as she walks in the door her friend from last year is sitting in her class.  He's GT as well and they work well together.  Her attitude changed immediately.  Then in the room next door were two more friends from church - all of a sudden things didn't look so bad after all.   Her whole attitude has changed for the school year!  Yeah.  The two moms started talking, they were both concerned about each other as the district asked any transfers not to discuss the arrangement with others. I think the moms were as relieved as the children.  Elissa did not want to leave Ebenezer behind, but the spaces were limited.  But God....He knew and He took care of the problem

Today at the gym, a young lady came over to talk to me - I had been watching her for about a week or two....she was always positive, uplifting and determined.  Today I learned that she is 30 and off to study in Paris.  A short conversation turned into an hour.  We had so many connections....I will be praying for her as she takes on a new journey.  It's amazing who God places in your pathway.

I just need to remember to stop and pay attention to all God is doing around me, through me, and for me.  Sometimes we don't take the time to be thankful for all the blessings we have every day in normal things of life.

No comments: