Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Camp KK

 Here it is....the beginning of August ....my first Camp KK for the summer.  My only Camp KK for the summer!  Elissa's kiddos have nearly aged out - or too busy.  So I will cherish my time with Aubrey this week and add Phoebe for a few days.  

So far Aubrey has baked, and baked, and painted, and painted.  You can tell what she likes to do!  Today we weren't going to bake, and the first thing she asks in the afternoon - what are we baking today?  Thankful that she enjoys time in the kitchen.  We have chased, played, climbed and counted.  I forgot how much energy you need with a 3 year old.  Tonight I am grateful that she went down "on time" and I get a few hours of quiet.  No naps mean we go non-stop from 7:30 - 7:00!  Long days!  But fun days....and how can you not enjoy her giggle.  I had hoped to take photos - but so far, I'm not doing so well...perhaps tomorrow.

Where are the other kiddos?

Parker is 14 and will be a freshman in HS!  Are you kidding me?  A freshman!  This summer he did Boy Scout camp and Church Youth camp and now he has started summer band.  He plays the trombone and is learning how to march - we are most thankful that he has earned a marching position at his High School.  Guess we will be at football games this fall - at least by half time!

Preston is 11 - he's going to be in Middle School.  This summer he went off to Church Camp and Soccer camp.  His schedule just didn't fit into a camp KK....I missed him in the kitchen...so for his birthday we made a chocolate pie!  Fun times.

Phoebe is going to 2nd grade, and due to my time with my father, we just couldn't make a camp work out.  She has had a few single overnights and will be joining Aubrey this week.  She took a weekend trip with us to Shreveport and had a great time there as well.  Flexibility.  

I know that soon, the childhood fun times will be over as they grow up.  I'm thankful for my daughters and their husbands in the way they have raised their children.  My grandchildren are all well versed with the Bible, are avid readers, creative, and generally see the good in the world.  The best part is that they are all so well "trained" that they know their routines when visiting....I don't have to tell them what to do...they know the drill.  And for the most part, they are respectful and helpful.  I miss the times of Science Experiments and learning the technology with Parker....but that was a different time and I had a different purpose.  Now I'm happy with a hug, a smile, and a minute with them.  I am looking forward to seeing Parker on the field....we'll see what the others do.

Tomorrow- indoor playground with Aubrey, lunch with Aubrey, Phoebe and Preston, and then overnight with Aubrey and Phoebe.  Cherishing the moments as they happen!  God is Good.  I have so many blessings.

No comments: