Saturday, September 18, 2010

Wow! What a week!

Working in library, you never know what kind of excitement will happen. Libraries are no longer the quiet place students go to read, but rather they are full of equipment, activity and laughter. This week the library was everything and more! I can't decide which day was best..we had a computer in a classroom go up in smoke...yes, the students were evacuated while we tried to discover the smell, only to find a computer that had overheated and was smoking! Needless to say, it was a little excitement. We also took in other classes that suffered from a "no air conditioning" day. So the library was always full of students. For books and breakfast on Friday...we had 29 students enjoying the book "Book Woman!" As expected...had I not read the book to them, the students would not have picked up the title. Oh-well..once they heard the story and we talked about the lifestyle of those special librarians...the students loved the book. What a wonderful choice to be on the Bluebonnet List! Next week is the book exhibit...can't wait to pick out new titles for the library. As I set up the exhibit...I found all kinds of titles I wanted! YEAH~ Oh yeah...I forgot about Tuesday - a day spent with Health Fitness teachers - yes...even a librarian can work with the Health Fitness Teachers - It's been a long exciting week. I'm looking forward to a little rest...oh...except I just received my iPAD...how can I not spend time playing with the iPad! JOY!

No comments: