Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Things to try

I've decided that I can't keep up with technology. Every day I get new websites to go and visit...rarely do I have the time to try them out to their fullest extent. I'm going to have to try to schedule in some time to "play." www.toondoo.com is a site where you can build a cartoon. www.gcast.com allows you to create a podcast or MP3 file. I've gotten hooked on www.zamzar.com where you can convert YouTube videos into MP4/AVI files to show at school. www.sparklebox.co.uk is a good site for the young children on literacy, numeracy, books signs and labels. All in all, just a few clicks and you learn all kinds of new things. My list just keeps growing.

2 comments:

jessica said...

Karen,
It's amazing some of the websites available. I also never have time to "play" on them!
Thanks for your blogspot address.
Have a great year.
Jessica Davis

mschefferweber said...

Dear Karen,
So glad to see you're still innovating. I received this entry on Facebook from my daughter, Andrea Scheffer Hevesi. Tons of alumni Rummel Creekers homesick for RCE news. One was suggesting a 5th grade project to publish old class pictures. Maybe there is something like that already? I have my class pictures , but they are all in storage. Am going to try to copy the face book blogs here: still lovin you Marty Scheffer Weber (remarried after being widowed)
try:
http://www.facebook.com/n/?inbox/readmessage.php&t=1055649521473