Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thing #2

Well, I am so excited to participte in Library2Play. I have wanted to learn more about all of these things, but never take the time to play....this will be a fun experience!
After watching the 71/2 Habits video, I know that I am a lifelong learner....I had a difficult time deciding what habits I don't use. However, one of my biggest problems is beginning with the end in mind. I usually dive in and then figure out where I'm going....which is probably why I'm so frazzled! The other problem I have is the last trait...play. I sometimes feel guilty when I take time (especially if I'm at school) to explore new programs or websites. Library2Play will encourage me to take that time to play, explore and then peruse some more. I can't wait!
The trait that I feel like I use the most is view a problem as a challenge. Almost anything I try with technology I have hit a wall, but rather than just quit....I just step back, take a breath...try again and then ask for help (usually from a student!) I have also learned that when I help a teacher tackle a problem in the computer lab...I usually come out with more knowledge! So far with Library2Play I've already learned a lot and tackled a few problems....including trying to get my avitar to post....one of my students gave me a hint! Now I'm ready to play again!

1 comment:

Barry said...

Welcome to the playground. I am sure it will be a frazzling experience for us all as we try to keep up with you. . :-)