Friday, July 1, 2011

PBS Visit

Today I was invited to the Houston PBS station for a luncheon in honor of the Innovative Educator Award -Ann King and I spent a few hours learning and sharing. It was a fun afternoon that included a tour of the TV station and the Radio stations. Sooooo cool. I took tons of photos to share with the students. Although our RCE studio is on a much SMALLER scale, the way we do things is very similar to the real world. At least I know that what I share with the children is correct and goes along with what they would do at at real station.
PBS was wonderful - our discussion was lively and exciting. The luncheon was amazing. The people we met brought us new ideas and things to look in to. It's nice to be a partner with such a knowledgable group of people who are looking out for what they can provide for our students.
My mind is full of new ideas and things to try. I even have a few thoughts for the studio for next year (look out new crew members....we're going upscale!) I wish I had taken notes to remember it all!

No comments: